– Dogs licking their paws is a common sight, but what drives this seemingly compulsive behavior?
– Just like cats, dogs instinctively lick their paws to clean dirt, debris, and allergens.
– When stressed or anxious, dogs may lick their paws as a calming self-soothing mechanism.
Excessive paw-licking could indicate medical problems like allergies, infections, or pain
– Occasional paw-licking is normal, but persistent licking with redness or irritation requires a vet visit.
– Redirect your dog's attention with engaging activities like games or chew toys.
– Consult your veterinarian to diagnose any underlying medical conditions and develop a treatment plan.
– By understanding the reasons behind paw-licking, you can ensure your furry friend's well-being and comfort.